This special Build-to-Order MTV8000D-4TB comes with a 4TB internal HDD. You can record up to 4000 hours using it's advance video encoding/transcoding function.
The new MTV8000D Advanced Recorder is the latest in our Magic Link series. The 3 HDMI 1080P Full HD inputs allow Now TV and Cable TV boxes to be connected and controlled, while the new processor provides even more recording flexibility.
One-touch recording across all Free TV and Pay TV channels with one remote and one interface! That's Magic Link — only from Magic TV™.
Simply connect your set-top boxes and the Internet to Magic TV™ using the included cables and let MTV8000D take control of all your Free and Pay TV viewing and recording! Magic TV™ provides full 7-day programme guides for all the available channels*. If you choose a Now TV or Cable TV channel, Magic TV™ simply uses the connected boxes to provide the picture and sound.
MTV8000D also includes the ability to record an external input whilst watching another!
Magic Link for myTV SUPER
Firmware 11.1 Beta includes support for MyTV Super from TVB.
This is an on-demand set-top-box, but once connected to MTV8000D, you can control, record and store programmes for later viewing.
Simply connect the HDMI output of MyTV Super to one of the MTV8000D inputs and connect the InfraRed transmitter provided.
No need to use up an HDMI input on your TV.
As there is no EPG for on-demand programmes, simply use the instant recording or timer recording on Magic TV™.
Use Magic TV™ Share (see below) to share MyTV Super recordings around your house.
Video Streaming (iPhone/iPad App)
Magic TV™ MTV8000D can act as a video server, streaming video and audio direct to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Don't miss a second of your favourite sport; take TV and recordings around the house or catch up on Recorded Programmes at any time, anywhere!
Your iPhone or iPad can remotely turn on Magic TV™, set the channel and start watching your favourite programme.
MTV8000D includes 3 HDMI 1080P Full HD inputs and a Composite/S-Video input for connecting external sources. These can be used for Magic Link and Video Streaming (see above) or for viewing and recording from video disc players, games consoles or other video devices. It can also be useful if your TV has run out of HD inputs. Simply use Magic TV™ as an HD video switch.
Real-time HD encoding and transcoding
All Magic TV™ units record the original broadcast stream losslessly for maximum quality; however, MTV8000D also includes options for 10 levels of HD and SD real-time transcoding in reduced video size.
This offers the ability to pack even more hours of recordings onto your drives. Up to 4000 hours on the internal HDD!
The new processor in MTV8000D improves quality and speed.
The highest quality components
Pixel Magic have a reputation for superior audio and video quality and every component has been chosen especially for its ability to communicate every detail available from the digital High Definition broadcasts.
Hardware highlights include:
- The latest Sigma SMP8673 processor is 3D-ready and 60% faster!
- Digital CMOS silicon tuners and demodulator chips provide outstanding reception performance.
- Dual tuners allow the recording of any two programmes simultaneously. MTV8000D can also record a 3rd external input at the same time!
- Cool-running design created for fanless silence and prolonged component life.
Internet-enabled EPG enhancements
Adding an Internet connection provides Magic TV™ with unique programme data and unlocks powerful recording features.
iEPG highlights include:
- Enhanced Electronic Programme Guide. Featuring genre icons, genre browsing and increased programme data.
- Series Recording. Additional Internet data is used by Magic TV™ to enable reliable episode linking. Now you can select 'Record this series' to record a whole series even if episodes are in different time slots.*
- Automatic Rescheduling. Magic TV™ detects if the schedule for a programme in the To Do list changes. Recording times are automatically changed to match.*
Stream photos and video from an iPad and iPhone direct to your TV!
When Magic TV™ and your iOS device are on the same network, simply tap the Airplay button and choose Magic TV™ to send YouTube videos, Internet radio, slideshows, iTunes music and more, directly to your TV.Note: Magic>Play may not work with some online video formats. We will continue improving Magic>Play compatibility through firmware update.
Magic TV™ Share
You can now share recordings made on one Magic TV™ unit throughout your home to other Magic TV™ units. Access all of your recordings from any room in the house!
Simply add multiple Magic TV™ units to your home network.Note: Magic TV™ MTV3100 and other older models containing the Sigma SMP8635 chip can view other Magic TV™ recordings but not share their own recordings.
Add bookmarks to recordings and skip between them, or trim out whole sections of unwanted footage to save time.
Edits are non-destructive, so you can undo them at any time. Or you can choose to free up disk space by making edits final.
Record on multiple HDDs (Hard Disk Drives)
Seamlessly expand your storage capacity by connecting one or more USB disks to Magic TV™. Copying, moving, editing and playback from these disks are all fully supported. You control how they are used.
Remote Recording: Record from anywhere!
You can now set Magic TV™ recordings from your browser! Simply connect Magic TV™ to the Internet and log in to the Remote Recording website. Wherever you are, you can now browse and search programmes, look up programme information, and set Single, Series or Repeat Recordings.
Step-by-step guided setup, clear menus, 7-day electronic programme guide (EPG) and 'at-a-glance' front panel display all combine to provide easy operation for the whole family.
Magic TV™ comes with a full printed instruction manual clearly explaining every feature and option.
Magic TV™ includes many unique features, allowing you to get to what you want, fast:
- One Touch Channel Select — assign channels to a single number key.
- 1.5x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x and 64x fast forward and rewind .
- Skip by minutes during playback (from 1 - 9) or jump 30 secs with the prev/next buttons.
- On-screen icons, timebars and hints so you always know what's going on.
- Helpful shortcut keys exist throughout the system to speed navigation.
Class-leading learning remote control
The Magic TV™ remote control features 4 learning buttons which allow you to turn on your TV, change the input to Magic TV™ and adjust the volume of your sound system — all with one remote.
The intuitive button layout, tactile buttons and colour-coding put every Magic TV™ feature at your fingertips.
Camera movie playback and storage
Browse and play your AVCHD camera and camcorder movies through Magic TV™. You can also copy movies to the internal HDD to store.
Lead-free electronics throughout and an intelligent power-saving mode help reduce the environmental impact.
Additional software features
- 7-day HD EPG with Vertical and Horizontal layout options
- Aspect Ratio Correction modes: Full, Wide Zoom (non-linear stretch), Pillarbox/Letterbox, Zoom 1, Zoom 2
- Continuous playback of multiple recordings
- Storage folders to organise recordings
- MHEG-5 Interactive TV support
- Customise your TV Channel numbers
Additional hardware details
- Video DAC: 12-bit 150MHz
- Audio DAC: 24-bit 192KHz
- Front panel display with alphanumeric display and helpful status icons
- 4000 GB Hard Disk Drive
- Power Saving Mode included
Digital TV standards
- China DTT standard GB20600-2006 (DMB-TH). Requirements for Higher-tier DTT Receivers (HKTA 1108), Hong Kong Telecommunications Authority
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
Video decoding formats
- MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 AVC/H.264
Audio decoding formats
- Dolby Digital and PCM audio. Includes downmixing for Stereo systems
Supported output TV formats
- 480i (NTSC)
- 576i (PAL)
- 480p 60Hz
- 576p 50Hz
- 720p 50/60Hz
- 1080i 50/60Hz
- 1080p 50/60Hz
- Smooth frame rate conversion: 50Hz to 60Hz supported
- Support for 16:10 screens
- Via external USB thumbdisk or OAD (Over-the-Air Download) Protected firmware provides risk-free upgrading
- Infrared smart remote with 4 learning buttons (TV power, TV input, Vol+, Vol-)
- Colour: Black
- Antenna input x1 and antenna loop-through x1
- 1x Composite Video (Standard Definition only)
- 1x HDMI with embedded audio
- 1x Component Video
- 1x SPDIF Optical
- 1x SPDIF Electrical (Coaxial)
- 1x Stereo Audio (Stereo pair)
- 3x HDMI with embedded audio, support 1080P Full HD
- 1x Composite Video or 1x S-Video
- Infrared (IR) output for controlling devices connected for Magic Link
- USB 2.0 x2 for firmware upgrading, connecting external storage, camcorders
- Ethernet 1000-Base-T x1 for Internet-enabled features and return path of Interactive TV services
- 325mm (W), 230mm (D), 62mm (H), 3.3kg
- Operation: 40W MAX
- Standby: <1W
- +12V DC. 100-240 VAC auto-ranging power adapter